Resetting Autoimmunity and Rejuvenating Systems for Greater Health with Prolonged Fasting
Want to learn more about the incredible health benefits achieved through prolonged fasting?
In this informative podcast, Dr. Valter Longo—Director of the Longevity Institute at USC, and founder of ProLon’s FMD—shares his expertise on the numerous, positive mental and physical effects brought on by fasting.
Tune in for answers to some of the most common questions on the subject, such as:
- What’s the difference between intermittent fasting, caloric restriction, time-restricted eating, and periodic prolonged fasting?
- How is it possible to eat food while fasting and still get the desired health and longevity benefits?
- How can periodic prolonged fasting or the FMD help reduce the chances of getting life-threatening diseases like cancer, diabetes, and heart disease?
- Why are shorter fasts not as effective as a prolonged fast for optimizing cellular and functional aging?
- How does the FMD help “reset” metabolism, to drive down biomarkers associated with poor metabolic health, inflammation, and cardiovascular health?
How long do the metabolic effects of the FMD last, and how often should it be performed?
For detailed responses to these and other frequently asked fasting related questions, be sure to catch the full podcast with Dr. Longo here.